The Evaluation Center at Western Michigan University will be hiring a Senior Research Associate to work on EvaluATE (evalu-ate.org). Funded by the National Science Foundation’s Advanced Technological Education (ATE) program, EvaluATE educates people about evaluation through open-access events and resources. This position will oversee the development of training materials and facilitating learning cohorts.
We are looking for someone who is ready to …
- Develop and lead webinars and workshops on a range of evaluation topics for both evaluators and project staff, using proven training strategies and building on EvaluATE’s effective practices
- Develop just-in-time resources such as checklists, guides, and templates to support the work of ATE evaluators and enhance the evaluation capacity of ATE projects
- Collaborate to develop and implement a badging program, determining badging requirements, topics, and levels
- Facilitate the application of learning among EvaluATE’s users by organizing and hosting learning cohorts
- Collect and analyze data as needed for project evaluation and action research
- Collaborate with EvaluATE team members, ATE evaluators, and ATE project staff to ensure EvaluATE’s training material and activities are relevant and contextually appropriate
- Contribute to scholarship by writing articles and presenting at professional conferences
This job is for you if you…
- Are enthusiastic about teaching others about evaluation
- Are looking to join a passionate, mission-driven team
- Are serious about diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Have experience and interest in developing evaluation capacity
Minimum qualifications for this position include…
- Doctoral or terminal degree in a relevant discipline, plus at least 2 years relevant experience, or master’s degree in a relevant discipline, plus 6 years relevant experience. In rare instances, a bachelor’s degree, plus at least 10 years’ relevant experience
- Deep knowledge of the evaluation process, data collection, and analytical methods
- Demonstrated record of teaching or training in evaluation
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interest, skills, and experience working with diverse groups
Compensation & Benefits
The starting pay range for this position is $65,155 – $87,960. The position (R5C) is Pay Band C of the WMU Research Staff Pay Structure. WMU pay rates are publicly available at https://bit.ly/WMU-research-pay-rates-22. Additional information about WMU benefits, including tuition discounts, health care, and life and disability insurance is available at https://wmich.edu/hr/benefits-research.
About Kalamazoo, MI
Located half-way between Chicago and Detroit, Kalamazoo ranks high in coolness and affordability (bit.ly/kzoo-cool). We have three institutions of higher education, a lively arts scene, and great options for outdoor recreation. The Kalamazoo Promise covers 65 to 100% of tuition at most Michigan colleges and universities for graduates of Kalamazoo Public Schools (kalamazoopromise.com). Learn more at www.discoverkalamazoo.com.