Webinar: Making Evaluation Integral to Your ATE Proposal
Wednesday, July 21 | 1-2:30 PM ET
In this free, 90-minute webinar, participants will learn how to make evaluation a strong component of their ATE proposals. Staff from the ATE Evaluation Resource Center will provide guidance about how to focus an ATE evaluation, develop a plan for data collection and analysis, describe the evaluation in a proposal, and work with an evaluator.
The webinar will feature NSF-ATE program officer Linnea Fletcher, who will provide NSF’s perspective on these topics, Gordon Snyder and Karl Kapp, a veteran ATE PI-evaluator team, will also join the webinar, talking about their successful experiences working together on funded ATE proposals.
Participants will leave the webinar with the knowledge and tools and they need to:
- Define the purpose of the evaluation and how the results will be used
- Write clear and useful evaluation questions tied to the project’s intended outcomes
- Be responsive to NSF’s expectations for ATE evaluations
- Systematically identify question- and context-appropriate data collection methods and information sources
- Locate data collection instruments
- Create a feedback loop so project staff can use evaluation results to improve their efforts
- Find competent evaluators and budget for their work